Medication On Campus
Students who need to take medication (prescribed or over-the-counter) during the school day may be assisted by designated school personnel or allowed to self-administer certain medication as long as it is in accordance with law, Board policy, and administrative regulations. Students receive these services at the school health office. The HBCSD Medication Form must be signed by a student’s parent and physician in order for school staff to administer medications, both prescription and over the counter, on site.
- Medication Authorization forms must be renewed each year.
- Medications must be clearly labeled with the student’s name, date, instructions for administration and the physician’s name.
- All medications must be in their original containers.
- Please remember to pick up your child’s medications from the office before the last day of school.
- Get ready for the new school year: If you see your physician over the summer, have him/her sign a medication authorization form for medications that your child requires while at school.