Expanded Learning Opportunities Program
What is Expanded Learning?
“Expanded learning” means before school, after school, summer, or intersession learning programs that focus on developing the academic, social, emotional, and physical needs and interests of pupils through hands-on, engaging learning experiences.
HBCSD has partnered with STAR Education to provide the Expanded Learning Opportunities Program to all TK-6th grade HVS students for the 2022-2023 school year and summer of 2023.
The HBCSD Expanded Learning Opportunities Program includes:
- After School Daycare: September 2022-June 2023 from the end of school until 6 PM, as shared under STAR Education Program
- Winter Camp: December 19-23, 2022, from 9:00 AM-3:00 PM (Flyer)
- Spring Camp: April 10-14, 2023, from 9:00 AM-3:00 PM (Flyer)
- Summer Camp: July 3-31, 2023 (4-week themed week camp; no camp on July 4) with options for Full Day from 8:00 AM-5:30 PM or Half Day 12:30-5:30 PM (Flyer)
- Summer School: July 3-31, 2023; more information to come
Fees will be waived for students who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals, are experiencing housing instability, or are foster youth.
To view the HBCSD Expanded Learning Opportunities Program Plan, click here. The plan was approved at a school board meeting on May 27, 2021.