Expanded Learning Opportunities Program (TK-6)
What is Expanded Learning?
“Expanded learning” means before school, after school, summer, or intersession learning programs that focus on developing the academic, social, emotional, and physical needs and interests of pupils through hands-on, engaging learning experiences.
HBCSD has partnered with STAR Education to provide the Expanded Learning Opportunities Program (ELOP) to HVS TK-6th grade students for the school year 2023-2024 and the summer of 2024.
The HBCSD Expanded Learning Opportunities Program includes:
- After School Daycare: September 2023-June 2024 from the end of school until 6 PM, as shared under STAR Education Program
- Presidents' Week Camp 2024: February 20-23, 2024; more information to come
- Spring Break Camp 2024: April 1-5, 2024; more information to come
- Summer Camp 2024: June 24-July 24, 2024 (No Camp - July 4 & 5, 2024); more information to come
- Summer School 2024: June 24-July 23, 2024 (No Camp - July 4 & 5, 2024); more information to come
Fees will be waived for students who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals, are experiencing housing instability, or are foster youth.
Our Expanded Learning Opportunities Program Plan Guide was approved at the HBCSD School Board Meeting on May 27, 2021.