Our teachers, administrators and support staff are committed to academic excellence and quality service for our families. As such, we hope to make the enrollment process as quick and convenient as possible. To enroll, follow the steps below.
BEFORE YOU START...
What grade is your student eligible for enrollment? Students do their best work in school when they are placed in a grade with other students of the same chronological age. The following link provides HBCSD guidelines for placing students at the appropriate grade level. Please contact your school if you have any questions regarding grade-level placement.
2021-2022 Grade Level Placement
- Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten parents may review the Parent Information Night presentation after March 3, 2021.
- If you are enrolling your child into the Transitional Kindergarten Program, please select grade "K" in the Enrolling Grade Field in your enrollment application online.
THE ENROLLMENT PROCESS
Step 1: Complete Online Enrollment Application
Follow the link below to complete your enrollment application online. Be prepared to answer demographic and health information about your student. If you are enrolling more than one student, you will be prompted to complete each student individually.
Click Here for 2021-2022 Enrollment - Now open!
Step 2: Upload Required Documentation
Before you submit your online application, you will be prompted to upload required documentation to complete your student's enrollment. Incomplete enrollment submissions will not be accepted.
Required Documentation (Prepare before you start your online enrollment session, as these will be uploaded to the registration portal.)
- Proof of Age: Birth Certificate or Passport
- Immunization Records: Click here for more details
- Verification of Identity (Parent or Guardian): driver's license, state ID or passport
- Verification of Residency: 3 proofs of residency required (EC 48204.1)
- Property tax payment receipts.
- Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts.
- Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipts.
- Pay stubs.
- Voter Registration.
- Correspondence from a government agency.
- If applicable: copy of recent IEP or 504 Plan
- FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS: most recent copy of report card
Please Note: The enrollment system is for Hermosa Beach residents only. If you reside outside of Hermosa Beach and are interested in applying for a permit to attend an HBCSD school, please contact our District Office at (310) 937-5877.
Need more information?
To learn more about our TK/Kindergarten program (click here)