Health Safety Alert - Fentanyl
With the recent alerts released by the California Department of Public Health on rainbow Fentanyl and the Los Angeles Department of Public Health regarding local overdose deaths caused by counterfeit narcotic pills, HBCSD, Beach Cities Health District (BCHD), and the Beach Cities Partnership for Youth Coalition would like to encourage parents and guardians the review the fact sheet from the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and provided resources to engage in open conversations with adolescents about the rise of this concerning trend.
To view larger, click here.
- Visit www.bchd.org/resources for health-related information and referrals or call BCHD’s Youth Wellbeing Line at (310) 374-3426 and press option 2, Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- South Bay Families Connected – Supporting parents in their efforts to help their kids reach their full potential and live healthy, fulfilled lives. South Bay Families Connected offers parents free resources, education, and opportunities to connect.
- Teen Program – Torrance Memorial’s Thelma McMillen center offers an affordable, comprehensive and personalized outpatient program for teens ages 13 to 17.
- Partnership to End Addiction – The nation’s leading organization dedicated to addiction prevention, treatment and recovery.
- Freedom4U – Freedom4U helps identify, develop and release the potential of youth into their life purpose by offering peer-driven healthy activities such as creative arts, life skills, service projects and leadership opportunities to youth in the South Bay/Harbor Area of L.A.
- Connecting to Opportunities for Recovery and Engagement (CORE) Center – Community space where everyone can come to get information and resources about how to prevent alcohol and drug use, learn more about substance use disorders (also known as addictions) and find out where to go for free or low-cost treatment services.
- California Department of Public Health – Overdose Prevention Initiative: What is Fentanyl?
- California Department of Public Health – Overdose Prevention Initiative: Resources – Adult Role Models
- Drug Enforcement Administration – What Every Parent and Caregiver Needs to Know About FAKE PILLS