Community Advisory Committee (CAC)
The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is a group of parents, agency, and school representatives who advise the Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA) on matters related to special education. The purpose of the CAC is to inform and educate members of the community, so that a broad base of community support and participation is developed. This enables the committee to advise the SELPA in all matters concerning the identification and educational management of individuals with exceptional needs.
Authority and responsibilities of the Community Advisory Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Advising the SW SELPA in the development of the local comprehensive plan.
- Making recommendations on annual priorities addressed by the plan.
- Assisting in parent education and recruitment of other volunteers.
- Encouraging public involvement in the development and review of the Local Plan.
- Supporting activities on behalf of individuals with exceptional needs.
- Assisting in parent awareness of the importance of school attendance.
From Educational Code-Section 56194(a-f), Article 7
CAC Calendar of Events 2021-2022
The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is a group of parents, educators and community members who are concerned with the educational needs of children with disabilities and serves in an advisory capacity to the SELPA regarding community opinions, concerns, and suggestions pertaining to special education and related services to students with disabilities.
- CAC Business Meeting - September 13, 2021
- CAC Workshop: Introduction to ADR, presented by Jason Harper, ADR Consultant - September 16, 2021
- CAC Workshop: Conflict Resolution, presented by Jason Harper, ADR Consultant - October 11, 2021
- CAC Workshop: How to Read Reports and Assessments for Parents and Caregivers - November 10, 2021
- CAC Workshop: OT Tips and Tricks - December 2 ,2021
- CAC Workshop: Harbor Regional Parent Resources, presented by Maria Rivas, Harbor Regional Center - February 7, 2022
- CAC Business Meeting - May 9, 2022
To RSVP, please email Allison Haynes at [email protected]. Spanish and ASL interpreting are offered upon request.