Beginning in the fall of 2020, HBCSD will begin using i-Ready as a diagnostic assessment for students in 1st-8th grades. i-Ready diagnostic will be administered once each trimester. Assessment results allow teachers to monitor the growth of students toward grade-level proficiency, tailor instruction to meet individual student needs, and identify trends of mastery on grade-level standards.
i-Ready is on the list of the California Department of Education (CDE) approved diagnostic assessments. The assessment is an adaptable diagnostic that is nationally normed, and upon student completion, teachers will be given explicit qualitative information on each student's academic abilities.
Each trimester parents will be provided progress reports in the area of reading and math.
- i-Ready Family Center - What is i-Ready?
- Family Guide - What is i-Ready?
- For Families - Understanding Your Student's Diagnostic Results
- Video: Understanding i-Ready Diagnostic for Families
- i-Ready Diagnostic Grades K-12 Scale Score Placement Tables (2023-2024)
- LEXILE Framework for Reading - Matching Readers with Texts