Welcome to the HBCSD Facilities Rental page. Please be sure to read the attached documents and/or contact information below before requesting facilities with HBCSD. You may also view upcoming events at our school sites that may affect your rental of the facilities here.
The [HBCSD] Board of Trustees believes that school facilities and grounds are a vital community resource which should be used to foster community involvement and development. Therefore, the Board authorizes the use of school facilities by district residents and community groups for purposes specified in the Civic Center Act, to the extent that such use does not interfere with school activities or other school-related uses.
- BP 1330 (a)
CHECKLIST FOR FACILITY USE REQUESTS
Please note that your application will only be accepted for review or processing if the following list of items are fully completed and submitted together with your request. Reservations may not be made in advance of this process.
• Facilities Request Application and Statement of Information:
Please be clear and specific regarding the facility and schedule. Do not leave any of the contact information area blank.
• Certificate of Liability Insurance: To comply with Board Policy, please make sure of the following:
• Your organization's name is indicated under General Liability and Automobile Liability must be covered with a minimum limit of $1 million per incident and must be in full force and effect.
• Where Automobile Liability is not feasible, we will require copies of personal automobile insurance from all volunteers and representatives of your organization (i.e., coaches and assistant coaches) that drive to the district premises for activity and business.
• Policy Effective Dates should cover through the periods of facilities use.
• Hermosa Beach City School District should be named as the Certificate Holder and is additionally insured.
• If applicable: Non-Profit Statement: If you have status as a non-profit group, different rates do apply. If so, please also send the official statement or documents to verify this status along with your application so that we can apply the correct fees.
• COVID Safety Plan: Until further notice, in addition to the above documentation, organizations are required to submit a copy of their COVID Safety Plan, which is to include safety protocols and Cal-Osha guidelines.
Please submit all documents to the follow address:
Hermosa Beach School District Office
425 Valley Drive
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
Hermosa Beach City School District
1645 Valley Drive
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
The following linked documents provide more details for requesting facilities, including application deadlines